Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Lift like a man, look like a goddess"

Along with my boyfriend helping me learn how to master the free weights I started reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler w/Cassandra Forsythe, M.S. and workout programs by Alwyn Cosgrove. The book and my boyfriend seem to be right in the same set of mind, women can and should lift weights the same way that men do.

Now I'm not saying that what I have been doing isn't working because it definitely got me this far but I can already see that this is going to push me even further and give me the end result that I'm looking for. I'm hoping to really tone up and see muscle definition without flexing.

So far the week has been good. We've done back and chest, tomorrow is arms. I'll admit that I am definitely sore but I'll have the weekend to rest and we are going to the beach for a few days so I won't have to do anything but lounge around. I was a bit worried about working out with him since I really keep to myself at the gym but he has been great and so motivational.

So as of week one I am definately enjoying the program. I'm hoping to see some results by the middle of September when I go to Tampa :) Measurements to come as soon as I get the time to do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment