Monday, April 5, 2010

It's measurement update time...

So I started this weight loss journey (for the third, but successful FINALLY time) on January 4th 2010. I took my measurements then and then took them again on March 2nd, 2 months later. Today is April 5th so it's been 3 months and it's time to take them again...

Jan. 4th-----March 4th-----TODAY

chest: 38D----33.5inches still D-----32C inches
stomach: 37 inches-----34 inches-----32.5 inches
hips: 42 inches-----37.5 inches-----37 inches
thighs: 22 inches-----20.5 inches-----20 inches
arms: 12 inches-----11 inches------10 inches

I'm still losing inches!!!

In January I wore a size 13 pants, in March I wore a 9 and the other day I just bought my first size 6 shorts!!! YAY!

I started at 22 points a day in weight watchers and am down to 20 points, most likely going to drop to 19 on Thursday after weigh in. The reality of all this is simple...weight watchers works if YOU work the program.

Now a little bit about today. I've been looking for new exercise plans since I've been getting a little bored. I opened this month's Self magazine and found a plan that I think is totally doable. It's only a week long so I'm trying it out this week.

Basically it has three zones of cardio that you do for different intervals. Today was day one so I decided I would use the following:

zone 1: walking at a 3.8
zone 2: running at a 4.5-4.8
zone 3: running at a 6

The program says you do 10 minutes in zone 1, 10 minutes in zone 2, then 20 minutes (1 minute in zone 3, 3 minutes in zone 2, repeat til 20 minutes is up), then 10 minutes in zone 2 then finish with 10 minutes in zone 1. Total of 60 minutes...fyi it was hard, I am beat and I have blisters on my feet :( but I DID IT. I think the only way that I made it through it is because it was broken down to change the times and I kept repeating to myself "you can do anything for a minute, anything."

Then there are 8 more toning exercises that you do and all you need is a set of dumbbells. So I went home and completed those. I'll admit I'm not looking forward to tomorrow but I am going to do it. This time I think I'll have to use the elliptical though because my feet are really hurting.

Now it's time to relax :)

No comments:

Post a Comment