Monday, March 22, 2010

Ran my first straight mile today

Work today was really long today so I hit up the gym for some stress relief. I feel like I need to up my intensity since I have been going faithfully for so long that the machines are getting easier to use and I am not sweating as much.

I used the elliptical for 30 minutes and increased my level from 5 to 10. It was like new again, slightly agonizing but I think it'll be worth it in the end. I added 5lbs to all my weight training for my arms and could barely push through my last reps so I think that is a great thing.

Then I did the 22 minute nature walk on the treadmill (at the same level, I'll admit by that time I was a pretty beat and just wanted to walk) but after that I pushed myself and ran a full mile. YUP, a whole mile straight, without stopping and walking. I'm pretty happy with myself considering I haven't run a mile since the Presidential Physical Fitness Challenge in 6th grade lol.

Now it is time to watch Dancing with the Stars for some definite motivation...this year's stars are in fantastic shape :)

1 comment: