Monday, February 8, 2010

Day off and I feel like an ass...

I had a hard time sleeping last night and couldn't really fall asleep til around 2. It was my day off so I didn't worry about getting up early. I waited around the house before going to the gym so that I could watch Days of Our Lives while I was on the treadmill. I had a great workout at the gym 45 minutes on the elliptical, 60 minutes on the treadmill and then strength training for my arms (even though they were still sore from Saturday). I think that you need to push through the soreness, within reason, and keep up with the exercise or it's never going to get any easier.

When I got out of the gym I had a voicemail and a text from the ex (aka my friend/date sometimes/ect...I just don't know how to deal with the relationship). The text said call asap. I didn't listen to the voicemail and I just called. Well he was upset and just yelled he had been looking for someone to bring his dog to the vet but he had figured it out and then he hung up. I've got to say it set me off, I mean I didn't know the dog needed to go to the vet and I called as soon as I got the message so stop yelling. We did some nasty texting back and forth that ended with me saying "problem solved, I'll never return another text/call again."

Fast forward about an hour and I get another text asking me to call him. I say that I tried that earlier and it didn't work out so well and that I don't feel like texting. The next text from him says he just wanted to tell me the dog has died. OH MY GOD, talk about me feeling like a complete asshole :( I haven't felt so bad in such a long time. I of course called him immediately, he hadn't even gotten to say goodbye since she passed before he could get there :( he was out with one of his friends so I told him I'd talk to him later.

Well later, he is very upset obviously. And I just don't know what to say! I mean there is nothing (NOTHING) wrong with being upset and I want to be supportive but I don't know what to actually say...I guess it's just going to take time for him to not feel so bad about her passing but it's not going to go away soon. I still feel like a complete jack ass :(

No comments:

Post a Comment