Saturday, February 20, 2010

No meat on Fridays during Lent

On Fridays during Lent I can't eat meat. Obviously there are a million other things that you can eat. I'm on a Homeless Coalition Board and I have quarterly lunch meetings regarding different topics with the focus being homelessness. I really enjoy the people that participate and since I'm a social worker homeless individuals are a part of the population that I work with I need the information that is presented at the meetings. My problem yesterday with the meeting is that it's a lunch meeting...it's a Friday during Lent. The lunch served, club sandwiches w/roast beef and turkey, potato chips, olives, clementines and cookies. UGH, I know I'm not the only one in the world that couldn't eat meat yesterday! I settled with 2 clementines and a few olives.

Then last night I wanted to go to my friend's daughter's basketball game. It was the final game of the regular season and she is a Senior in high school. So I get out of work and decide I'll go to the game, grab something to eat along the way. I totally forget about the no meat thing cause I'm focusing on what's the best point wise at a drive thru. I hit up Taco Bell and almost order before I realize nope this isn't going to work! I just drove off, went to the game and ate when I got home. Thank god for leftovers from Oma's!!! Next week I'm gonna plan way better!

1 comment:

  1. Lent is harder, although nothing wrong with eating more fish and non-meat proteins. You did good!

    ReplyDelete