Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Boost.Metabolism w/Jillian Michaels

Today it snowed again. I guess it's winter time in New England so I really can't bitch but come on lol! It didn't start until I left work and was going to eat dinner at my Oma's. By the time we got done and I had gotten my gym clothes on the ground was covered with snow. I decided that I'd have to skip the gym due to the fear that I wouldn't be able to get up my road and it would be too late at night to get help. This frustrates me, it's just easier to go to the gym and work out then it is to force myself to do it at home.

I got home and shoveled (again). Then I decided to check out the Comcast OnDemand exercise tv. I mean it is free, well besides the outrageous price I pay for cable but...

I've done a few of these before and find the ones with the Biggest Loser coaches to be pretty good. I decided to try Boost.Metabolism with Jillian Michaels. The screen says in this workout Jillian uses a "fierce formula that adds strength and ab moves to dynamic cardio to increase fat loss." It includes a warm up and a cool down and basically does 6 different circuits that you do twice and is 59 minutes long.

I'll admit it, Jillian completely kicked my ass. I was actually swearing at her, and I don't mean just telling her to go to hell, I mean hard core swearing! I had to take breaks, I couldn't make it through the whole thing but I did the best I could. I really enjoyed the kickboxing aspects of it, I really hated the mountain climbers and some of the squat/jumps (yes I said squat/jumps, she puts them together). I might have to add some of these tv workouts to my schedule when I start doing strength training next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment